Fonio is a nutrient dense superfood that is the perfect addition to any healthy lifestyle. The quickest cooking grain on the planet never disappoints when it comes to flavour and versatility. You can mix your Fonio with Seamoss to make the perfect porridge to start your day, or add it to stews, salads or stir-fry, the possibilities are endless!
Benefits of Fonio:
High In Protein
Great source of Iron & Zinc
High in other nutrients such as Magnesium, Calcium and B-Vitamins
Gluten free grain
Our Fonio is produced with care by independent women farmers in Africa to ensure only the finest quality and freshness.
LOVE IT!!! My son and I couldn’t get enough of the fonio and I also followed the recipe from YouTube. I’ll definitely be purchasing more.
This is so awesome keeps me light but satisfied .
Been using sea moss for 3 1/2 months. I can see my skin getting healthier, my hair growth is thicker and healthier. My nails are stronger. I love it.
I love it! It’s really easy to make and it tastes similar to great. I also noticed that I have energy throughout And I stay satisfied much longer. With me being anemic, I love that this grain is high in iron.
Wickedest grain to work with. Creamy richiddge. Good in smoothies too.
So fluffy and love how it can meet sweet and savory flavor needs!
I have tried all your products
The Irish Moss, Fonio, Bladderrack
I have a lot more energy and over all feeling terrific. Thank you for all you do!!
Love quality & quantity
Mohammed A A.
Very satisfied with the way business is done plan on continuing to do business with them
Just love having fonio for breakfast
But one thing I like to anyone who buy this product is to rinse it more than once before cooking it, and this will allow a very nice smooth texture rid of small little stones.
I truly love this fonio, I put it in my vegan pancakes a great way to incorporate in my 6 year old son's meals. Delicious !!!..
came quick and omg its gooood
Akeem sent out a sample of the fonio with my order of st. Lucia wild crafted Irish sea Moss (btw, he upgraded it from the .5 lb to 1 lb bag with no additional charge)! Anyway, the fonio, like the Irish Sea Moss, was amazing. I made a rich-age(porridge) with chia seeds, blueberries and today I am adding bananas. Much gratitude and appreciation
Love the Fonio grain especially when mixed Teff to make Alkaline Grits. Best two grains in my opinion. Thank you Akeem for making it available on your site.
I received my fonio package and most of it fell out of the bag into the envelope
I have always had issues finding this product and now i don't have to look any further. The Fonio Grain is so super nice and the texture is better than Quinoa. I have made it for both savory as a base for a stew and also as a poritage for beakfast and both times it didn't disappoint. Moving into intense training for triathalons this will be a staple in my diet. Thanks Akeen for your great work in offering Fonio to the world. - Lidia, Victoria, Australia
Akeem’s the first person to turn me onto Fonio. Previous to Dec 2019, I’ve never heard of it.
It’s texture is similar to cream of wheat after boiling/cooking. To me, it’s taste is bland-ish and would take on any flavours you spice it with. My first cook with it, I added plant-based, non-GMO McKays Vegan Chicken Seasoning powder (see photo) to it for flavour and it tasted good :-)
Fonio is a grain grown in West Africa and is a super healthy grain, gluten free and can be used in cooking and baking.
As a superfood, it has more nutritional value than most other grains and it is rich in calcium, magnesium and zinc and vitamin B.
As it’s naturally gluten free, it’ll be welcomed by my wife & daughter, who are G-Free.
Will continue to experiment cooking Fonio with other spices and cooking styles. Thanks Akeem!
From reading https://www.obafoodgroup.com/en/blog/fonio-health-benefits, here’s the Coles notes to the top 10 benefits of Fonio:
1. Naturally gluten-free: doesn’t contain any of the proteins that are found in gluten, so it is perfectly safe to eat if you do have celiac disease.
2. Healthy heart: contains more of the heart friendly vitamins and minerals than other grains do and Fonio will help to the reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
3. Controls diabetes: has a very low glycemic index, so it is absorbed into the body slowly and doesn’t cause spikes in the blood sugar levels. Contains sulphur, chromium and amino acids that help to control diabetes and studies have indicated that eating Fonio might be a way to control blood sugar levels in diabetics.
4. Aids digestion: very easy to digest and, given its such high fibre content, it also passes easily through the body and will ease constipation and improve the digestive process.
5. Aids weight loss: Because of its low glycemic index and its high fibre content, it will fill you up fast and keep you feeling full for some time.
6. Helps to prevent anaemia: has a high concentration of iron, so it helps against anaemia and it also contains folic acid and other amino acids that are beneficial for women during pregnancy.
7. Detox diet: The essential amino acids that Fonio contains, especially cystine and methionine, help to detoxify the liver and the body.
8. Provides energy: provides you with a slow release of energy that will last till your next meal.
9. Strengthens nails & hair: contains an amino acid called methionine, which is known to be important for the body’s production of cartilage and it can also help to strengthen the hair and nails.
10. Strong bones & teeth: good source of calcium, magnesium and phosphorus, all of which help to build strong bones and teeth.
Peace a blessing Enjoy this some much the texture is different but I can adjust
Just received the package and did my first breakfast (fonio richage)!! Alright madly in love!!
No way wrong of cooking it it's like a hot cereal stay fuller throughout the day thanks
Fonio is my new Fave! This is so much easier and cleaner to cook than Amaranth. Hard to mess up and can go with so many dishes to make sweet or savory. *LOVE*
I've had fonio it's great. The only thing I compare it to is malto meal or cream of wheat. It is easy to fix no clumping at all. It thickens after about 10 min.